Protecting your privacy
We know there is a lot of information here but we want you to be fully informed about your rights and how the Hotline Group Ltd. uses your data. For example: we need your name and address so we can delivery your order, or we need your email address to send you the quote you have requested or to send you your artwork proof.
We hope the following sections will answer any your questions you may have but if not please do get in touch with us.
No third party marketing or mailing
Your privacy is of the highest importance to us. We promise never to release your personal details to any outside company for direct mailing or marketing purposes.
Who is the data controller?
What we use the data for
Your information will not be used for any other reason other than to process your quotations, fulfil your orders, and to keep you informed of new products and offers that may become available.
We need your name and address to know where to send your ordered products to.
When you have asked for a quote, we need your email address to provide this to you.
We keep you informed of special offers by email.
What data do we hold?
The amount of personal data you provide to us depends upon your reason for providing the information. If you are requesting a sample or brochure by post then you need to give us your delivery address; if you are signing up for our newsletter then we need your email address and name, etc. The personal data collected can include your name, address, contact details and interests/preferences relevant to you or your orders.
How do we collect data from you?
We collect data from you:
- When you visit any of our websites and use your account to buy products and services.
- When you make an online purchase.
- When you create an account with us.
- When you purchase or order a product, brochure or quote by phone.
- When you engage with us on social media.
- When you download or install one of our apps.
- When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc.
- When you enter prize draws or competitions.
- When you choose to complete any surveys we send you.
- When you comment on or review our products and services.
- When you fill in any forms on line.
The legal bit
Explaining the legal basis we rely on
We collect data for:
We need your personal data to fulfil our contractual obligations with you.
For example: If the law requires us to pass on details of people involved in fraud or criminal activity to law enforcement, we would need to.
If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data.
For example: if the law requires us to pass on details of people involved in fraud or criminal activity to law enforcement, we would need to do so.
We require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights or freedom of interests.
For example: if you make a quote or purchase from us for promotional products, it is reasonable for us to send you information on special offers or new promotional products we may have. We would NOT send you information on insurance or Bank loans!
We also combine anonymous information regarding the products you buy and the quotes you make with those of many other customers to identify trends and maintain demand or develop new products or services for all of our customers.
In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent.
For example: when you say that you want to receive a brochure.
When collecting your personal data, we'll always make clear to you which data is necessary in connection with a particular service.
Please note that most of the details we obtain from you are necessary to fulfil your order for product, brochure or quote. Without them we cannot do so. In the case of purchases, our purchase contract becomes void without those details.
You have the right to request:
- You have the right to request a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
- You have the right ask us to stop using your personal data for direct marketing (either through specific channels, such as email, post or telephone or all channels).
- You have the right to ask us to stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent.
You can amend your details in the preferences section of your on-line account.
Where we rely on our legitimate interest to send you information, you can ask us to stop doing so if connected with your personal situation. We will then do so unless we have an overriding reason to continuing to process your data.
How can you stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing?
There are several ways you can stop direct marketing communications from us:
- Click the 'unsubscribe' link which is included on all marketing email communications that we send you. We will then stop any further emails unless you subsequently request more offers or information again.
- If you have an account, log in into your Hotline account, visit the 'My Account' area and change your preferences.
- Write to Hotline Group Data Controller, Unit 2 Silver Business Park, Airfield Way, Christchurch, BH23 3TA
Please note that you may continue to receive communications for a short period after changing your preferences while our systems are fully updated.
How long do we hold your data for?
We only keep any data we collect from you for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
At the end of that time, your data will either be deleted or anonymously combined with others in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning.